Last updated: July 18, 2023
Datafin Recruitment (Pty) Ltd. (Datafin), a South African company, respects your privacy and is committed to ensuring that your personal data is used in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
1. Personal Data We Collect
In providing our recruitment services, we collect personal data such as your name, contact information, education, qualifications, work history, references, and other data relevant to potential job placements.
2. Use of Personal Data
We use your personal data to:
- Provide our recruitment services to you
- Assess and match your skills, qualifications, and interests to job opportunities
- Communicate with you regarding job opportunities and the recruitment process
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations
3. Basis for Processing
We process your personal data based on the following legal bases:
- The execution of a contract or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Consent, where we have expressly obtained your consent to process your personal data for specified purposes
- Legitimate business interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests
4. Data Retention
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide our recruitment services and in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests. If a contract has not been agreed with you, we will retain your personal data for a limited period to allow time for a potential contract to be agreed.
5. Data Security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to our employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services.
6. Your Rights Under POPIA
Under POPIA, you have the right to request access to, correction or deletion of, the personal data we hold about you. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time. To exercise these rights, please contact Beverley Sollinger (021 741 0400 or firstname.lastname@example.org).