Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Asset Management Specialist based in Bellville seeks a Technical Writer passionate about tech & documentation to join its team. Your role will entail working with subject matter experts to develop and maintain content while creating and updating user manuals and release documentation. You will require Matric/Grade 12, a relevant tertiary qualification would be preferred, have 3 years’ experience in a similar role including Editing & Information Design, proficiency with MS Word, Flare, Git, screen capture software & the appropriate use of screenshots, experience writing about complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences, experience video screen recording & editing and able to structure information into creative, modern and stimulating user-friendly formats.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and maintain content.
- Create and update user manuals and release documentation.
- Create relevant examples and use cases that supports documentation.
- Proofread and edit material to improve quality, readability, consistency and effectiveness of documentation.
- Develop material, including user manuals, slide presentations and videos as required.
- Close interaction with the Training Development team.
- Work closely with Analysts, Software Testers and Developers.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Relevant tertiary qualification would be preferential.
- 3 Years working experience in a related role, e.g., Technical Writing, Editing and Information Design.
- Competent with technical writing tools such as MS Word, Flare, etc.
- Ability to develop and edit content according to written standards and follow established procedures.
- Structuring information into creative, modern and stimulating user-friendly formats.
- Outstanding skills in writing about complex technical subjects to a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Screen capture software and the appropriate use of screenshots
- Clear understanding of the software development process
- Developing documentation in an agile software development team (they use Scrum).
- Video screen recording and editing.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., GIT).
- A self-motivated team player.
- The right attitude, above everything else.
- Someone that will fit the culture and support the values.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.