Software Engineering Team Lead (C#/Java/Python)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE coding expertise of a hands-on, passionate and self-driven Software Engineering Team Lead is sought to lead the Front Office Research Dev team of an Independent Asset Management Firm. The core role is focused on Front Office development, and you will be expected to lead, grow and develop the skills of both the Cape Town and London Dev teams. It would be beneficial to have a background as a Full Stack Developer with experience in Asset Management in relation to Front Office processes. You must also possess a suitable Degree with 5 years’ active coding experience in C#, Java and Python, Test-Driven Development experience is essential, GitHub proficiency and you need at least 2 years’ experience leading a team.
- Deliver solutions within the Research Product area.
- Be hands-on; this is an active development role.
- Lead, Mentor and Coach the Research Product Software Engineers.
- Build relationships within Technology and the Business through delivery. Work in a rapid proof-of-concept style, engage stakeholders and adopt a fail-fast approach.
- Multi-task – Front-Office is a dynamic environment; a flexible, can-do attitude always yields results.
- Collaborate with the other Engineering Leads and Product Owners to execute our IT strategy.
- Develop to house standards; ensure code is clear, functional, and easy to support and that designs make sense in the wider IT arena.
- Relevant Degree qualified.
- Minimum of 5 years actively working with Programming languages such as C#, Java, Python.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading a team.
- Test driven development approach is essential.
- Experience with source control tools like GitHub.
- Experience in Scrum or Kanban.
- Prior knowledge of Asset Management relating to Front Office processes.
- Experience designing and working with a variety of database technology such as SQL, NoSQL, and Data Lakes.
- UI/UX skills would be a useful addition as we expose data to users.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS and Azure.
- Must be passionate about Technology.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong collaboration ethic, with ability to work in teams from cross-functional disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving ability, a logical thinker and numerate.