Senior Systems Engineer
IT – Support ~ IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
DESIGN and deploy complex IT systems and infrastructure, including servers, storage, networks, and security systems as your technical expertise as a Senior Systems Engineer is sought by a provider of Custom Cloud Solutions. You will work closely with Project Managers, Dev teams & other stakeholders to ensure that all systems meet the needs of clients and adhere to industry best practices. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver with a strong technical background in servers, storage, networking, and security systems and excellent communication skills. You will also require at least 5+ years’ work experience in a similar role with hands-on experience with virtualization technologies including VMware, Hyper-V, etc.
- Design and deploy complex IT systems and infrastructure, including servers, storage, networks, and security systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation for all systems, including architecture diagrams, implementation plans, and standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Development teams, and other stakeholders to ensure that all systems meet the needs of clients.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with systems and infrastructure.
- Monitor system performance and capacity and implement changes as necessary to optimize performance and ensure scalability.
- Ensure all systems adhere to industry best practices and security standards.
- Continuously evaluate new technologies and tools to improve system performance and efficiency.
- 5+ Years of experience as a Systems Engineer, or a related role.
- Strong technical background in servers, storage, networking, and security systems.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.).
- Relevant certifications (e.g., MCSE, CCNA, etc.) –
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert – AZ104 + AZ305
- Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate – AZ800 + AZ801
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty – AZ140
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS etc.).
- Ability to write comprehensive design as well as technical documentation.
- Understanding of security across various platforms.
- Active Directory (including Tiering Design & Deployment).
- Azure AD.
- ADFS & Federation.
- Strong PowerShell skills.
- AD & Exchange and or tenant-to-tenant migrations.
- Amazon Web Services.
- Quest Tools.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail.