IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
PLAN & execute the Agile Methodology while monitoring sprint’s progress, removing roadblocks impeding a product’s development and carrying out Jira Administration as the next Scrum Master sought by a global Dev House in the sphere of iGaming to join its team. Candidates will require a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) Certification with at least 3 years work experience as a Scrum Master including spec writing, knowledge of Agile & a solid technical background, with an understanding or hands-on experience in Software Development and web technologies. You also need working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems and a firm grasp of IT infrastructure and operations best practice.
- Plan and execute the Agile Methodology with the Scrum Development team.
- Monitor the sprint’s progress and remove roadblocks impeding the product’s development.
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, and daily stand-ups.
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration.
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g., from customers or stakeholders).
- Work with Product Owners to handle backlogs and new requests.
- Help teams implement changes effectively.
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur.
- Address distractions, disruptions, and obstacles in the sprint.
- Support the Team Lead and Monitor Team productivity and sprint success.
- Have an outstanding partnership with the Product Owners.
- Jira Administration.
- Assistance with spec writing where needed.
- Planning of completed sprint items into a scheduled release.
- Plan and co-ordinate regular releases.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) Certification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Scrum Master.
- Skilled in spec writing.
- Knowledge of Agile.
- Solid technical background, with an understanding or hands-on experience in Software Development and web technologies.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems.
- Firm grasp of IT infrastructure and operations best practice.
- Strong analytical and strategic management skills.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Problem-solving and Quality Management.
- Solid organisational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Software Development background.
- Testing experience.
- Experience in the online casino environment.
- Encourages ownership.
- Allows leadership to thrive.
- Leads by example.
- Resourceful and creative in removing impediments.
- Respected – has a reputation for integrity.
- Inspiring – generates enthusiasm and energy in others.
- Nurturing – enjoys helping teams and individuals develop and grow.
- Empathic – is sensitive to those around them.