IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A reputable Independent Asset Management Firm has an exciting opportunity for a Salesforce Developer to join the Distribution Technology team, tasked with the delivery of a best-in-class CRM solution to our client Teams. We are seeking a passionate and dedicated individual that will thrive in a creative and high-performance culture. As a Salesforce Developer you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of advanced, programmatic development within our Salesforce platform. This role will require excellent technical skills to understand and convert user requirements into scalable and dynamic solutions. The successful candidate will be able to recommend Salesforce best practice development solutions within the framework of our overall technology strategy.
- Work closely with our technical leads and business analysts to develop working solutions which deliver the desired business outcome.
- Be responsible for driving development best practices.
- Explore ways to improve the technology processes to progress the Distribution Technology function across a broad range of areas such as cost savings, simplification, security, ease of use and reliability.
- Play a key role in familiarising and upskilling the extended Salesforce team in tools and best practices where appropriate.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and how they can be leveraged to meet business objectives.
- Discover and playback innovative functionality and potential new ways to realise additional business benefits.
- Engage actively in Agile planning, including story refinement, demos, and retrospectives.
Risk & Compliance Responsibilities:
- Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, market abuse, etc.
- Ensuring Compliance training, declarations and relevant forms are completed on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected.
- Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, complaints or conduct issues.
- Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud, or other crime such as market abuse.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant qualification
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience developing on the Salesforce platform
- Understanding of Salesforce development best practices and concepts, such as trigger and flow frameworks, code bulkification, asynchronous processing, order of execution, code coverage and static code analysis.
- Experience managing and developing API integrations and web services.
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies
- Financial Services experience (preferably Asset Management).
- Salesforce Platform Developer I and II certifications preferred.
- Strong Apex programming and Visualforce development skills.
- Proficiency with the Salesforce Metadata API, source control (such as GitHub) and release management tools (such as Gearset).
- Are self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Find satisfaction in solving complex technical and theoretical challenges.
- A critical thinker who’s able to look at things from different angles.
Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution.