IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
ASSIST with the development, deployment, and maintenance of an advanced computational design SaaS solution as the next Python Developer sought by a provider of sustainable and cost-effective Energy Solar Solutions company. You will also be expected to participate in design and development activities as well as testing, debugging and deploying applications. You must possess a BSc. Degree in Computer Science or similar tertiary qualification, 1-5 years’ Software Development in an Agile environment and proficiency in Python, Django, Flash, Pytest, SQL, NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB and Object-Oriented methodologies using Python.
- Implement functional requirements using Object-Oriented methodologies in an Agile Development environment.
- Write clean, scalable and maintainable Object-Oriented code.
- Implement and manage Unit, Integration and End-to-end Testing.
- Manage version control through Git based repository.
- Support users with technical queries.
- Deliver documentation of a high standard.
- BSc Computer Science or similar highly desirable.
- 1–5 Years of Software Development experience in an Agile environment.
- Proficiency in the following technologies and frameworks:
- Python, Django, Flask and testing frameworks such as Pytest.
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies including MySQL and MongoDB.
- Object-Oriented methodologies using Python.
Experience in the following technologies/platforms will be advantageous –
- AWS cloud infrastructure including EC2, CloudFront, SQS, Route53.
- Implementing REST API’s preferably under OpenAPI 3.0 standards.
- Proficient in Git and online Git repositories such as GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Agile Development environment.
- Own it. Take accountability and responsibility for everything you do.
- Solve it. Driven and able to solve complex problems.
- Sorted. Have a can-do attitude, no excuses.
- Passion. For bringing remarkable change to our world.
- Kindness. To our team, to our planet.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.