Mid-Senior Golang (Go) Engineer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A global & award-winning Mobile Device Management provider in Westlake seeks a self-driven Mid-Senior Golang Engineer with current hands-on experience who knows what it takes to develop scalable, extensible technology and evolve a global platform that will make a daily difference to people’s lives. Your role will entail writing back-end code, building efficient features, troubleshooting application and code issues and conducting analysis. Must-Haves include a MS/BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 5 years Software Development experience, application of various development methodologies including Agile, and your tech toolset must include strong skills in Go, RESTful Web Services, Version Control systems, Continuous Integration and Mobile applications.
- Conduct analysis of website and application requirements.
- Write back-end code and building efficient features.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Develop back-end portals with an optimized database.
- Troubleshooting application and code issues.
- Integrate data storage solutions.
- Respond to integration requests from front-end developers.
- Finalize back-end features and testing web applications.
- Update and alter application features to enhance performance.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or an equivalent Degree.
- At least 5 years in Software Development.
- Application of various development methodologies including Agile.
Expertise in –
- RESTful Web Services
- PHP experience (Bonus)
- Version Control systems
- High availability experience
- Continuous Integration
- Systems and networking (not the social kind)
- Working with remote teams (beneficial)
- Mobile applications
- Highly self-motivated, team player in a professional lean Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English capabilities.
- Logical with a passion for problem solving.
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage pressure and deadlines timeously and effectively.
- Comfortable with ambiguity – clarifying problems and expectations.
- Ability to create structure and order and work well under pressure.