IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
A driven IT Manager is sought by a dynamic Financial Services Provider in Bellville to be responsible for the management of its IT infrastructure and risks, implement an effective IT strategy while ensuring security software is up to date and managing and coaching team members. You will support the Group and its subsidiaries and provide support to users in order to resolve IT related issues and restore normal business processes/services. The ideal candidate must have a 4-year IT Degree/National Diploma, 5-8 years’ experience in a similar position in the Financial Services sector, experience with Server, Desktop, VMware, Cloud Management, Network & Firewalls, Telephony/VoIP Management, IT Security, AD DNS, DHCP, Windows Server 2012/2016 and Desktop Windows 10, Azure, Internet connectivity including express route and redundancy measures & able to setup basic project plans and execute projects systematically.
- Implementation of the IT strategy – Establish and implement relevant IT policies and procedures.
- Determine, track, and manage the IT budget.
- Expense & Supplier Management.
- Ensure the IT environment is up and running during core business hours as per the policy requirements – Disaster recovery procedures and data backup systems are in place.
- Management and overseeing IT infrastructure and servers.
- Hardware and Facility Management.
- Oversee the efficient management and implementation of IT software to support productivity within the business and ensure internal controls are in place.
- Ensure that the latest anti-virus and other security software is installed on all devices and monitored on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that IT Support tickets are responded to in a timely basis and assist in troubleshooting and resolving identified issues.
- Identify training requirements for users based on support tickets.
- Ensure all IT security policies are implemented on a timely matter and reviewed on a regular basis on all environments to which the Group’s data assets are exposed.
- Ensure all IT systems, networks and devices are monitored to identify risks. Implement preventative measures and controls to mitigate risks.
- Monthly reporting regarding all IT related issues.
- Management of team members and provide guidance and coaching where necessary.
- Regular training of staff.
- 4-year IT Degree/National Diploma.
- 5- 8 Years’ experience within a similar position in the Financial Service industry.
- Server, Desktop VMware, Storage and Cloud Management.
- Network and Firewall Management.
- Telephony/VoIP Management.
- IT Security Management.
- Good understanding of –
- Server setup, AD DNS and DHCP.
- Backups and retention periods.
- Azure Cloud Management.
- Windows Server 2012/2016 and Desktop Windows 10.
- Internet connectivity including express route and redundancy measures.
- The environment and the potential threats from outside.
- Up to date understanding and knowledge of security risks, threats, and systems available in the market to mitigate these risks.
- Experience in managing projects and people.
- Proven track record in business development and building relationships.
- Be able to assess each IT incident and priorities effectively based on business impact.
- Ability to setup basic project plans and execute projects systematically and within agreed timeframes.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in the Insurance industry.
- Communicate calmly and effectively with Clients/Stakeholders.
- Maintain a good relationship.
- Ability to determine the training requirements.