Intermediate PHP Developer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
If you have a good eye for UX and you enjoy the challenge of leading a team, then a dynamic Digital Marketing Platform wants you as their next Intermediate PHP Developer. The successful candidate must have at least 3 years PHP experience, be comfortable working with Linux – particularly with the LAMP stack, understand MVC principles and possess strong data modelling and other tech should include: HTML, CSS, CakePHP, MySQL and Expression Engine.
- You will be responsible for back-end development, specifically with regards to database design and programming (PHP / MySQL) by utilising a variety of frameworks (such as CakePHP).
- Manage your own team of Developers and manage projects assigned to your team.
- Matric (Higher Grade Maths).
- Relevant Diploma or other suitable tertiary qualification.
- 3 Years’ experience in PHP.
- Experience in HTML, CSS and CakePHP.
- Experience in Expression Engine.
- Must be comfortable with working with Linux, particularly with the LAMP stack (Must have some form of server admin experience).
- A good understanding of MVC principles.
- Strong data modelling skills and good understanding of entity relationships.
- Good communication skills as you will be the primary technical contact in the team as well as the primary contact for Clients should your PM not be available.
- Managed a team of Developers.
- Leadership capability.
- Speed and quality of development.
- Intuitive understanding of requirements.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.