Intermediate PHP Developer (Remote)
IT – Software Development
- Maintain and develop custom-developed core application to support business processes and goals.
- Contribute to the innovation of the technical solution of the company, servicing all current and future products.
- Ensure security, robustness and scalability are built into the application using development best practices.
- Integrate this application with other off-the-shelf and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) applications.
- Investigate and fix incidents and issues raised by users across the application ecosystem.
- 4+ Years of Programming or Software Engineering experience.
- Excellent Programming skills in PHP.
- Strong knowledge of a modern PHP Framework (Symfony or Laravel).
- Strong knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL.
- Understanding of SOLID principles and Design Patterns.
- Experience with HTML/CSS skills and experience with related tools (SASS, Webpack, etc.).
- Experience using version control tools such as Git.
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development and automated testing.
- MySQL profiling and query optimization in Doctrine.
- Experience designing REST APIs and other service layer components.
- BSc/MSc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Exposure to Python.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Open minded to new solutions, forward thinking and strong ability to adapt.
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.