IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
DEPLOY and maintain all infrastructure required to provide services to clients and staff of a leading Cloud Tech Specialist seeking your technical expertise as an Infrastructure Engineer. Your role will entail but not limited to architecture design, documentation, systems testing, installation, security management, contin2uity management, 2nd line support, upstream partner service management, change control management and asset management. The successful incumbent will require CompTIA A+ & N+ Certifications and CompTIA Server+/Microsoft Server Certification, at least 5 years’ Helpdesk and SLA experience in a Corporate or Managed Service environment and experience with VoIP / SIP, Network / Diagnostic / Wireshark, Windows Clustering, Backup and Recovery, Internet Information Services (IIS), Windows Servers (2012, 2016 and 2019), Linux (Ubuntu) & VMware vSphere / ESXi.
- Provide 2nd line technical support for customer issues escalated from the Support Desk, which involves ownership and resolution to closure of these issues whilst keeping the customer and ticketing system (Freshdesk) updated.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support both during and after standard working hours according to the published Standby Roster. 2nd line = troubleshooting on software interface for the product. 3rd line = troubleshooting and remedies on Infrastructure.
- Accountable for Infrastructure, IT Projects and Network Management.
- Windows 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 Administrator.
- Active Directory, DNS and DHCP Administrator.
- Dell SAN Administrator.
- Dell Server Administrator.
- Systems Performance Monitoring of all systems.
- Collab OneContact Administrator (Telephony Platform).
- SonicWALL Firewall Administrator.
- ESXi and VMware Administrator.
- Installations, support and maintenance of Servers.
- Manage platform backups.
- Monitor the performance of VMware, Windows and Linux based systems.
- Nagios Administrator.
- Change Control Management.
- Dell hardware support (both Server and SAN).
- Connectivity support and management of relationship with upstream service providers.
- Asset Management including maintenance of Asset Register.
- VMware support.
- System maintenance schedules and management.
- Office IT management and support.
- Customer upgrades to infrastructure.
- CompTIA A+ and N+ Certification.
- CompTIA Server+ or Microsoft Server Certification.
- Helpdesk and SLA experience – Min 5 years in Corporate or Managed Service environment.
- VoIP / SIP.
- Network / Diagnostic / Wireshark.
- Windows Clustering.
- Backup and Recovery.
- Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Windows Servers (2012, 2016 and 2019).
- Linux (Ubuntu).
- VMware vSphere / ESXi.
- National Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent Degree/ Diploma.
- Knowledge of Contact Centre Technologies e.g., IP PBX, Genesys, Asterisk.
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Microsoft SQL Certification.
- LCP – Linux Certified Professional.
- Disaster Recovery.
- Risk Assessment.
- SonicWALL Firewall.
- Firewall / Security experience.
- Storage Systems experience.