Full Stack Software Developer (JHB)
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng
DEFINE technical proposal content, ensure teams have appropriate product & technical specs and the flawless execution of projects as the next Full Stack Software Developer sought by an innovative Asset Protection Solutions Provider to join its team based in Lanseria. You will also follow software product vision, keep abreast of software trends and ways to improve efficiency while helping Junior Devs produce code that adheres to company standards. You will require a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or similar discipline with at least 3 years work experience including the design, development, release cycle, DevOps, delivering and support of software products to market with a successful delivery record. Your tech tools should include Java, Kotlin, Angular, C#, TypeScript, SQL, Azure DevOps, Git, ASP.Net Core, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring Software Development practices are in compliance with industry best practices policies and procedures which include compliance with the full life cycle of the software development process.
- Work together with senior development, company management, and where applicable, with business development and sales staff to define technical proposal content (business analysis, functional and non-functional requirements) timeline estimates and level of effort estimates.
- Work together with senior development staff, and where applicable with Project Managers to execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver software products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Follow software product vision defined in line with company strategy and business development alignment.
- Keep abreast of software trends and ways to improve efficiency.
- Successfully help and manage Junior Developers to produce code that is within company standards and specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience working through the design, development, release cycle, DevOps, delivering and support of software products to market with a successful delivery record.
- Software Development in the Engineering industry.
Software Development –
- Mobile: Java, Kotlin, Android
- Backend: C# (3+ years), SQL (3+ years), MySQL/ MSSQL, ASP.Net Core 2 (3+ years)
- DevOps: Azure DevOps, Git, Kubernetes
Firmware Development –
- BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Low level C/C++
- Electronics Development
- Business Analysis
- Systems Engineering
- Product Architecture
- Process Engineering
- Experience with Automated Item Identification Technologies including barcoding,
- RFID and BLE
- Experience with software development for mobile solutions (XP Embedded, CE, Android, Apple IOS)
- Oracle experience
- IT Project Management skills
- High command of verbal and written English language.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
- Well organised, good communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Fast Learning and willing to listen to others.