Full Stack Developer
IT – Software Development
Somerset West – Western Cape
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Participate as a team member in fully agile Scrum deliveries (Trello), assist team in planning projects, including identifying tasks groups, time estimates, and recommending assignments.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, efficiency and responsiveness of applications.
- Responsible for regular communication with others involved in the development / design process.
- Implement test, bottleneck-fix and bug-fix functionality.
- Provide support to end users.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization.
- Produce the systems that support our always-on culture.
- Keeping an eye on security updates, server environments and issues found with Vue.js and all project dependencies.
- Proposing any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer science or related fields would be a benefit.
- 3 – 5 Years of software development experience.
- Highly proficient with the Vue.js framework and its core principles such as components, reactivity, and the virtual DOM.
- Familiar with the Vue.js ecosystem, including Vue CLI, Pinia, Vue Router, and Nuxt.js.
- Highly proficient in design and coding of modern, interactive, and functional user interfaces (UI’s)
- Experience with SlimPHP framework, familiar with request / response framework. Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS3, including Bootstrap and other CSS frameworks.
- Building modular and reusable components and libraries.
- Understanding of server-side rendering and its benefits and use cases.
- Knowledge of functional programming and object-orientated programming paradigms.
- Optimizing your application for performance.
- Proficiency with modern development tools and Git.
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful API.
Other Experience and Skills needed:
- AWS / EC2 and RDS.
- IIS and Apache Web Servers.
- SQL Server, MySQL and MONGOOdb.
- Cordova, PhoneGap and Flutter – Mobile application development frameworks (IOS and Android).
- AWS Lambda serverless services.
- Pusher real-time comms layer.
- WebSocket communications.
- Experience with AWS CI/CD processes would be beneficial.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.