Cape Town – Western Cape
A company, based in Cape Town, who has developed a comprehensive range of travel services, is looking for a Financial Manager (FM) who will be responsible for the management of all financial transactions and processing systems within the Corporate Finance Department as well as ensuring the reporting to stakeholders, including customers is value-adding, timeous and accurate. The successful candidate will have Postgraduate Accounting and /or Management Accounting, Articles, a Certification in either: CIMA or ACCA, and 5 years + experience in a Financial Leadership role.
Financial management/ Reporting:
- Manage all aspects of financial management, processes, and reporting.
- Responsible for risk management and financial controls
- Drive business profitability and revenue maximization.
- Oversee BI reporting to customers and engage with customers to ensure their reporting needs are met and expectations exceeded.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures, and systems across all teams.
- Evaluate and review all company assets and new asset acquisitions and maintain a proper asset register.
- Ensure a disaster recovery plan and business continuity plan are in place.
- Work with the CEO cultivations of stakeholder relationships, as well as assist in business development and negotiation of contracts
- Assist in formulating the company’s future strategic direction and support tactical initiatives.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Absolute control over the working capital environment to ensure cash flow is maximized and customers and supplier terms are negotiated to achieve cash flow optimization and are met to ensure excellent relationships with all stakeholders
- Support in the recruitment and performance management of all finance staff.
- Postgraduate Accounting and /or Management Accounting, Articles, would be advantageous.
- Certification in either: CIMA or ACCA, would be advantageous.
- 5 years + experience in a Financial Leadership role.
- Essential to have: Business Intelligence/ Data Analytics experience.