IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
TACKLE complex business problems while conducting business analysis and interpreting business needs to the ICT team of a service provider of Quality Certification and Cold Chain Management seeking your expertise to be its next Business Analyst. You will be expected to ensure that a high level of continuous improvement focus is embedded in the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process. The successful incumbent must possess a 3-year tertiary qualification in ICT or related discipline with relevant BA Certifications, 5+ years in a similar role and experience in IT Mobile computing (Mobile infrastructure development/administration). You will also require 3+ years’ Project Management Business Case development and SDLC design, Azure DevOps Services, SQL, knowledge of Microservices/ Service Orientated Architecture & have worked on API integration projects, software upgrades, architecture changes, infrastructure and implementation of new components.
Planning Cycle –
- Daily to monthly Planning Cycle.
Analysis, Process Flow and Solution Definitions –
- Identify business issues and data challenges of the organisation and industry.
- Identify organisation’s strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Review and update requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Create business requirements specification.
- Develop user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Solution & Process Flow Design.
- Provide Progress reports.
- Ensure that issues are identified, tracked, recorded, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop Functional & Non-functional requirements like system performance and fault tolerance.
- Address all audit findings and ensure corrective action is being taken.
- Provide regular status updates on these, as required.
Technical Recommendation and Testing –
- Review test plans to ensure test coverage addresses acceptance criteria.
- Review testing and sign offs.
- Work with the Test Manager to ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with Product Owner and other stakeholders to identify required changes.
- Communicate needed changes to Development team.
Internal Operations –
- Identify areas for improvement in internal processes.
- Document processes, where required propose areas possible solutions.
Project Execution –
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Communicated and applied DevSecOps standards.
- Execute tasks in accordance with project schedule.
- Delivered high-quality services to all stakeholders.
Client Management –
- Develop relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manage client expectations effectively.
Facilitates internal teams/task forces & Communication –
- Assist in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Deliver informative, well-organised presentations.
- Difficult/Sensitive information communicated tactfully.
- Support the Project Manager.
Innovator Development –
- Conduct effective progress evaluations.
- Sought and participated in development opportunities in addition to required training.
- Train other innovators through both formal and informal training programs.
- Mentor those with less experienced through informal channels.
- Update business analysis documentation with enhancements and changes to business analysis methodologies, tools on the Wiki.
- Keep up to date with changes and enhancements in business analysis and apply these.
- Minimum 3-years tertiary qualification in ICT or related discipline.
- Relevant Certifications in Business Analysis.
- 5+Years –
- In a complex technology environment doing business analysis and system analysis.
- Experience in IT Mobile computing (Mobile infrastructure development/administration).
- 3+ Years’ experience in Project Management Business Case development and SDLC design.
- Working on API integration projects, software upgrades, architecture changes, infrastructure and implementation of new components.
- Working with security design principles.
- Working with SQL.
- Experience in Azure DevOps Services.
- Working with APIs and web-based applications.
- Experience in mobile applications.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Possesses understanding in the areas of Application Programming, Database, Business Intelligence and System Design.
- Knowledge of Microservices/ Service Orientated Architecture.
- Knowledge of legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
- ITIL / COBIT Foundation.
- Experience in Agriculture industry.
- Experience in Testing.
- Coordination and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving DevOps and keep pace with latest thinking and new business analysis technologies.
- Strong collaborative problem solving and analytical capability to manage numerous information sources and provide data analysis reports to management.
- Strong client-focus with the ability to meet the demands of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate business analysis related concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders at various hierarchical levels.
- Ability to build business partnerships that help drives the application development strategy
- Able to work independently with demanding users in a high pressurized environment.
- Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and ‘out of the box’ thinking is required.
- Ability to multitask.
- Display an understanding of different functions within an organisation.
- The ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Strong Presentation skills.