Cape Town – Western Cape
TAKE responsibility for financial and other tasks related to specific business units as well as group finance activities of a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist seeking your numerical expertise to fill a 6-month Maternity Cover Contract as a Group Accountant. Your role will entail monthly Financial & Management Reporting, balance sheet preparation and Fixed Asset Capex maintenance including applications, additions, disposal, depreciation, and related accounting entries. The successful incumbent must have completed Matric/Grade 12, have a suitable BCom Degree with at least 3 years work experience in a similar role with strong proficiency in Excel.
- Monthly Financial and Management Reporting.
- Meet specific month end deadlines in a timely manner.
- Capture financial entries, review financial performance, and distribute financial reports.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Fixed Asset Capex maintenance including applications, additions, disposal, depreciation, and related accounting entries.
- Prepare Exco packs and PDF documents.
- Maintain internal control and compliance with company policies.
- Ad hoc tasks as and when requested.
- Matric / Grade 12 (Compulsory).
- Relevant BCom Degree.
- At least 3 years working experience as an Accountant.
- Up to date accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Excel and Outlook and knowledge of MS Office.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (verbally and written) with management.
- Ability to work under pressure to manage and meet strict deadlines.
- Performance driven and attention to detail.
- Must be able to deliver results in a team environment.
- Able to work under pressure to manage and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be reliable and accept responsibility for the tasks assigned to them.