2nd Line Support Engineer
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist seeks a highly skilled 2nd Line Support Engineer who will serve as the first point of contact resolution for all supported infrastructure and 3rd party related issues. You will take ownership of all owned incidents from logging to resolution while also assisting with internal desktop support queries. You will require a suitable tertiary qualification, be N+ Certified, have basic Linux command line skills, 5+ years’ experience with IPv4, MTU, Troubleshooting & VLANs. You must also have proficiency with WAN connectivity, ADSL troubleshooting, VoIP, Mikrotik, Cisco, ISP and DNS including types of records and troubleshooting – Bind, powerDNS & unbound.
- Log Incidents and Service Requests, ensuring end to end management, resolution and ownership of tickets.
- Handle support requests / be a point of escalation in the call’s lifetime.
- Identify and escalate requests requiring urgent attention.
- Ensure that an ongoing contribution toward positive customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Coordination of incidents and requests in order to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Liaise with various 3rd parties to ensure call resolution.
- Adherence to call lifecycle processes and procedures.
- Assist with internal IT support queries.
- Liaise with the Project Management team, 3rd Line Engineers and Network Engineers on a regular basis.
- Will be part of an after-hours standby rotation cycle.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- N+ qualification.
- Basic Linux command line skills.
- Excellent practical networking skills – 5+ years’ experience –
- IPv4 understanding
- VLAN understanding
- Network troubleshooting (WAN connectivity).
- ADSL troubleshooting.
- Wireless networks.
- Email understanding.
- Good understanding of DNS including on types of records and troubleshooting – Bind, powerDNS, unbound.
- Configure IP phones and troubleshoot call issues (VoIP).
- Mikrotik and Cisco experience.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in an ISP environment.
- Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask while prioritising workload and issues.
- Performance-driven and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.