Enquire / Apply
A London based company with offices in Cape Town is looking for a PHP Developer with 4+ years’ experience. Modern PHP MVC frameworks, ideally Symfony2 and Doctrine ORM, Front-end and mobile web development skills including adaptive/responsive HTML5, CSS & JS, ideally AngularJS and Unit testing with PHPUnit. Experience in the use of version control and continuous integration systems.
- Co-ordinate with other developers in the team to create reliable, scalable and flexible web and mobile applications, ensuring they are well tested and delivered according to the project schedule.
- Assist in interpretation and understanding of project requirements and suggest technical solutions.
- Be responsible for managing data and applications that are critical to the business. This requires a solid understanding of server configuration and database management.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and maintain an understanding of industry best-practices with regards to application design, security and performance, database design and web development standards.
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience of delivering PHP-based web applications
- A solid understanding of the software development process, including use of version control and continuous integration systems.
- Expertise in relational database design, optimisation and maintenance.
- Excellent problem solving and extraordinary levels of common sense.
- With a diverse team spread between London and Cape Town, it’s vital to maintain strong communications between stakeholders.
- You must be proactive in keeping the team up-to-date with development progress and self-disciplined in managing your time.
Specific Skills Preferred
- Modern PHP MVC frameworks, ideally Symfony2 and Doctrine ORM.
- Source code control using Git.
- Integrating web services using REST APIs.
- Front-end and mobile web development skills including adaptive/responsive HTML5, CSS & JS, ideally AngularJS.
- Development tools such as Composer, Bower, Gulp, Twitter Bootstrap, LESS.
- Unit testing with PHPUnit.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.