A young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative and hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related Total Remuneration Package, which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great. We are looking for a highly talented Systems Administrator to join our Merchant team in Cape Town.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project or operational requirements.
• Server and systems maintenance with experience in the following areas
o Citrix Xen
o Active Directory
o Windows Server 2008, 2012
o Linux (Ubuntu)
o DNS / DHCP / Squid (Proxy) on Linux
o Dell Servers
o IaaS (AWS, Google)
• Network installation, support and maintenance using Cisco technology.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative approaches for administration tasks.
• Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Provide support per request from various functional areas. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Coordinate and manage vendor tasks and deliverables
• Bachelor Degree with a technical major (i.e. Engineering or Computer Science)
• Industry certifications preferred (i.e. LPI, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, N+)
• At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar role
• Excellent understanding of TCP/IP and network communications
• Functional knowledge of web-based ecommerce technologies
• Knowledge and experience with MySQL advantageous
• Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
• Demonstrates a passion for optimal systems and simple procedures.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to make informed decisions
• Ability to disaggregate and structure solutions to ambiguous problems
• Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external people
• Capability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally
• Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.