Enquire / Apply
My client, a leading online retailer, is looking for highly talented Mobile Developers to join their team in Cape Town.
This position reports to the Engineering Team Lead (Logistics).
- Help design, develop and refine new features
- Locate and resolve bugs and crashes
- Brainstorm new ideas and concepts
- Work with teammates on design, code reviews, and estimation
- Knowledge of strategies to handle issues related to platform fragmentation, differing screen sizes and multiple OS versions.
- Experience working with unit test frameworks (Easymock, Mockito, Roboelectric, etc)
- Experience with network requests to RESTful APIs using best practice and well-known libraries (volley, restkit, etc)
- Knowledge and Appreciation of Android user experience design patterns.
- Experience developing eCommerce apps for retail
- Experience working with software development tools including Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with writing UI Automation scripts using Appium
- Any iOS native development experience
- 3-year computer science degree (or equivalent)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in native Android (preferably using Android Studio)
- Strong Computer Science and programming fundamentals
- Full understanding of the Android application and activity lifecycles
- Appreciation of Android-specific asynchronous processing techniques.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs