Enquire / Apply
A leading online retailer is looking for a highly talented Front-end Engineer to join their team in Cape Town.
- Help design, develop and refine new features
- Locate and resolve bugs and crashes
- Brainstorm new ideas and concepts
· Work with teammates on design, code reviews, and estimation
- Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional site.
- The design will be delivered to you, but you will work closely with the designers and back-end developers, and communicate primarily with the API using standard methods, as well as be expected to make modifications to the existing PHP code.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Front-End Developer writing code
- Appreciation and understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge and experience cross browser and cross device compatible solutions including for mobile
- Experience with CSS precompilers such as Less or Sass
- You should love doing this kind of stuff! Not afraid to try new things just to see how they work. Able to evaluate and learn new libraries, frameworks, concepts to validate whether they might be of value to our team
- Experience using a source control solution such as Git
- 3-year computer science degree (or equivalent)
- PHP experience very desireable
- Linux experience
- React JS experience
- BackBone JS experience
- Experience writing front-end unit tests
- Full stack experience of any sort is a huge plus!
- Has worked within an agile development team using scrum/kanban
- Experience producing responsive html designs
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.