Enquire / Apply
A renowned investment firm seeks a dynamic individual who has experience managing teams and working with various stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, highly analytical and has relevant IT project management or product owner experience. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing and mentoring the team. The role also entails the ownership of the backlog and working with stakeholders to ensure the backlog consists of items that would add value in relation to our objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Manage and mentor direct reports
- Manage and control what is added to the production environment
- Engage with business stakeholders on what system enhancements are required to support their needs
- Challenge stakeholders on their assumptions of how they envision business and system processes to work
- Guide and document detailed requirements
- Based on business priority, prioritise / plan the associated work and assess scope of projects
- Manage team roadmap and communicate this roadmap with the team
- Communicate with stakeholders on team progress and provide enough information to allow for informed business decisions
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple stakeholders and resolve conflicts
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines, schedules and methodologies
- Support and drive implementation of projects
- Support the documentation and planning for test scenarios, test cases and testing activities necessary to assess the quality and completion of system implementations
- Manage the team and assist in resolving conflicts or making trade-offs
- Work with tech lead to establish a healthy balance between business backlog, QA backlog and the technical backlog.
- Technology or Business Analyst qualification
- Strong academic performance
- Experience working in financial services
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst would be advantageous
- Experience leading software development teams and managing complex software projects
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Data analysis and SQL skills
- Experience in data warehousing and data visualisation tools would be advantageous
- Good understanding and experience following agile release processes
- At least 2 years people management experience
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Methodical approach to work
- Ability to multi-task across different projects
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Planning, organizational and time management skills
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.