Enquire / Apply
Well known division of a Growing, fast-paced online platform requires a highly talented Mid-Level Software Engineers (Python) to join their team in Cape Town. As a Mid-Level Software Engineer (Python) you will help to develop, implement, support and maintain scalable services in a heterogeneous environment. You are self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment. Experience with REST, Python, Linux and experience in developing backend systems in a Micro Service architecture are significant requirements.
- Employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of the company being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- The environment needs your personality to be fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- Short on ego and high on output.
- Doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- Love what you do and what you create.
- Build systems to scale with growth of business, leveraging new technologies and AWS Cloud services.
- Work closely with other engineers, professional services team and product managers to design the software solutions with a focus on reliability, performance and usability.
- Develop, enhance and maintain backend systems in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, with an emphasis on Python.
- Apply and foster best software development life cycle practices bringing speed and quality to your team.
- Thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, OO concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- Passion for learning new skills and appreciation to invent and simplify.
- Experience with REST, Python and Linux.
- Experience in developing backend systems in a Micro Service architecture.
Nice to have:
- Experience with specific AWS Cloud technologies (EC2, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, Lambdas, CloudWatch).
- Experience using GIT version control.
- Experience with NoSQL, Couchbase, Dynamo, Elastic.
- Computer Science Degree.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience.
My client seeks to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.