Enquire / Apply
A leading retail giant seeks a Data Analyst 1: Price and Promotions to be a team player in the Price and Promotions Advanced Analytics team to ensure all profit opportunities are optimised by providing in-depth business-related insights, using detailed analysis on customer behavior, pricing and promotional strategies. The purpose of this role is to define and implement strategies that align with marketing and buying business objectives
- Producing actionable insights and KPI dashboards to track success factors of pricing and promotional initiatives.
- Be a source of expertise on pricing and promotional data structures.
- Support marketing and buying teams from a technical perspective in the use of analytical tools This role is essential to the successful implementation of strategic projects as well as measuring success and delivering recommendation to business to achieve business objectives.
- Key performance areas include sales and profit optimisation and internal stakeholder management. Create, manage and maintain pricing initiatives with the correct “follow me” factors across the business.
- Review and maintain KVI prices across merchandise on a weekly basis to achieve the pricing strategy.
- Perform, manage and track key competitor pricing analysis and differential store pricing to ensure the pricing strategy is achieved.
- Develop processes to provide recommendation to business for promotions to optimise profit.
- Develop new processes where potential profit/sales opportunities have been identified.
- Play a key role as a subject matter expert on the pricing & promotion processes.
- Manage and support the activities around promotional and regular pricing and ensure that the related processes are maintained as per the promotional calendar.
- Liaise with IT when queries, requires high level of technically knowledge.
- Provide customer insights into promotional and pricing behaviour.
- 3 Year – Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Information or Computer Science Discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the following: Working as a Data Analyst High level of experience in measuring and analysing retail KPI data sets IT Data base / Data warehouse (understanding how data flows from various systems)
- SQL coding (Working knowledge of Cloud Technology).
- Business process development.
- Essential Skills:
- Business intelligence writing skills, Troubleshooting skills.
- 2 years general business process experience.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.