Enquire / Apply
Are you able to think like a hacker and dive into the security details of the software you have built? Are you passionate about Programming, open-source technologies and IT in general; Optimal systems and simple procedures; Agile development and a self-organizing team environment and Sharing ideas and innovation? Then this leading web hosting company wants you as their Backend Software Engineer (Ruby/Linux).
- Solving interesting and large-scale backend technical challenges
- Being part of figuring out how we get better at what we do
- Looking for opportunities to innovate and optimize
- Understanding the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust solutions (In collaboration with the Product Owner and stakeholders of course)
- Supporting the customer from an operational perspective when escalated by the Client Services team
- BSc majoring in Computer Science will be advantageous, however, your ability to demonstrate your track record of writing quality backend software is what ultimately counts.
- A minimum of 4+ years of software development experience
- Design & development of backend software and APIs
- Object-oriented programming using a language like Ruby
- Software development within the Linux/Unix environment
- Software development using a containerization platform like Docker or Kubernetes
- Agile development practices (team focus, continual improvement, automated tests, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming)
- Effective communication
- Self-motivation and self-management
- Experience with Rancher, Docker Swarm or other container orchestration platforms
- Understanding of database design and performance tuning (MySQL, Redis, etc.)
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.