UX Designer (Remote)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Remote
YOUR keen eye for exceptional user experience as a talents UX Designer is sought by a leading FinTech company looking to utilise your experience to help shape the direction of its product offering. person needs to be able to understand complex problems/use cases and be familiar and comfortable with the UX design process. The ideal candidate must present a portfolio of design projects, have a BSc Degree in Computer Science/IT/Informatics or other relevant tertiary qualification, have 3-7 years’ experience in a similar role with proficiency in wireframe tools Balsamiq & Axure and Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop. You must be able to illustrate design ideas using storyboards and process flows and preferably have experience in Asset Management and Financial Services.
- Perform strategic UX research consisting of the following –
- Stakeholder interviews
- Competitor product reviews
- User interviews
- Existing product audits
- Analysis and review of research
- Create requirements for content and functionality.
- Explore contextual user scenarios.
- Document the scope of the UX which includes a common understanding of features, schedules, and milestones.
- Interaction Design.
- Information Architecture.
- Interface Design.
- Navigation Design.
- Visual Design.
- BSc Computer Science, B.IT or Informatics related Degree.
- 3-7 Years’ experience as a UX Designer.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g., Balsamiq, Axure).
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards and process flows.
- Experience in information and technology service.
- Experience in Asset Management and Financial Services (preferred).
- Portfolio of design projects.
- A passion to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills (core to the role).
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate.
- Able to effectively plan and structure tasks.
- Meets deadlines.
- Goal oriented.
- Team player.
- Adaptable, ability to work in Agile environment.