UX Designer (Freelance Contract) (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A young and vibrant Digital Innovation and Business Application Solutions company based in Joburg seeks a highly talented UX Designer to fill a 6-12 Month Freelance Contract role. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional user experiences including web and native mobile products. You will require a minimum of 3 years’ work experience with both UX/UI design for web and mobile and Wire-framing and Prototyping skills including Balsamiq, Sketch, and InVision. Please note the first 3 months will be based onsite. All applicants will be expected to provide a portfolio of work.
- Ownership of wireframing, designing and developing user interface designs for web and native mobile products.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across all platforms, with platform-specific enhancements to adhere to platform best practice.
- Maintain and enhance the visual assets and style guides used across all platforms.
- Collaborate with Product Owner and business stakeholders to define, design and deliver new user experiences.
- Work closely with the Development team to ensure successful execution of the UI designs and adhere to the specified guidelines.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a combination of UX/UI design for web and mobile. (e-commerce and mobile focused experience preferred).
- Proven experience in wire-framing and high-fidelity prototyping (Balsamiq, Sketch, and InVision preferred).
- Be up-to-date with UX principles, graphic design standards and trends for both mobile and web platforms.
- Please include your portfolio in your application to show recent innovative designs and flows.
- A relevant qualification in Design or equivalent industry experience.
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment where timelines and requirements may change.
- Good at problem-solving and simplifying complex processes, and the ability to translate verbal ideas into concepts and designs that demonstrates the user experience.
- Able to present the rationale for design decisions.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate concepts clearly to different audiences (including user testing and stakeholders).