UI/UX Designer (JHB)
IT – Software Development
Johannesburg – Gauteng
YOUR exceptional eye and design skills to craft aesthetically pleasing visuals as a UI/UX Designer is sought by a global provider of cutting-edge tailored Software Solutions to join its team. In collaboration with Product Management & Engineering, you will work to help build innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience, participating in all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering. You will require strong UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects with demonstrable work experience in a similar role, experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps & proficient in industry-standard tools for producing designs, assets, and clickable prototypes, including Figma.
- Work together with Product Management and Engineering to build innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Participate in all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Develop original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Prepare wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Discuss designs and key milestone deliverables with peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Perform user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Set design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Stay up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- The production of high-fidelity prototypes.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams, including the adjustment of specs and deliverables to meet product requirements and limitations.
- Work with the Product, Engineering, and Project Management teams to bring new product features to life
- Work as a UX Researcher and utilize a variety of testing techniques to inform and validate the direction of your design.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ products and industry trends.
What is our Core Tech Stack?
ReactJS, React Native, Nodejs, GraphQL,AWS (AppSync, Cloudfront, CloudWatch, Cognito, Lambda, DynamoDB – single table, S3 (hosting + Storage), S3, SES (email + push), SNS, SQS, Typescript, CSS-in-JS (Styled Components).
- Profound UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects.
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps.
- Significant experience with Figma (bonus).
- Strong visual design skills with a good understanding of user-system interaction.
- Strong presentational and team player abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a creative approach.
- A passion to be an incredible Product Designer and design incredible products!
- Good understanding of Front-End Development to inform high-quality, implementable solutions. N.B. Programming skills are not a requirement, but certainly beneficial.
- Confident in presenting and promoting your ideas, thinking, and design processes to a wider team, both across Product and Engineering, even with strong-willed and fast-paced teams
- Demonstrable work experience as a Product/UI/UX Designer.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills make you adept at working to tight deadlines.
- Passionate about all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this through your work and when communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research or designing options for multi-variant testing.
- Proficient in industry-standard tools for producing designs, assets, and clickable prototypes; including Figma.
- Fluent in current UX best practices and usability principles, interaction, and UI design trends.