Trading Systems Support Specialist (Application Support) (JHB)
IT – Support
Johannesburg – Gauteng
MAINTAIN application systems that are beyond the development stage and are running in the daily operations of the business as the next Trading Systems Support Specialist (Application Support) sought by a prestigious Financial Services Group for its Joburg division. Incumbents who participate in the development of the system may remain after completion to help maintain / update the system. The ideal candidate will require a Diploma in IT/Business Intelligence or other related tertiary qualification, 2-5 years’ experience in Trading Systems across all asset classes, relevant applications and process knowledge, basic scripting for automating processes & network setup, experience in Trading API’s and FIX Protocol, FIS’s Valdi suite of software for trading on the JSE and A2X and Avvento.
Macro Environment –
- Be aware of emerging technologies and remain abreast of industry/ technology concepts and ideas which could impact on the area of accountability.
- Remain technologically savvy with all platforms in the teams’ portfolio of applications.
- Create a repository of internal learnings and external knowledge materials which could benefit the execution of work within the team.
- Continuously look at improving service delivery through proactive monitoring and alerting.
Software Quality Assurance –
- Understand the release.
- Prepare test scenarios to test the release.
- Execute the test cases.
- Hold triage sessions with vendors and stakeholders.
Business Service Alignment –
- Apply experiential knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve instances where service levels do not meet the agreed requirements.
- Responsible for Software Quality Assurance.
Service Handover –
- Compile and enhance user training material and business readiness assessments.
Access Management –
- Maintain security administration processes and ensure that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
Incident Management –
- Incident Ownership – Own incident until resolved.
- Prioritise and diagnose incidents within the relevant areas according to agreed procedures.
- Investigate causes of incidents and seek resolution within diverse but standardised precedents and procedures by applying operational knowledge and learnings.
- Escalate unresolved or complex incidents to the appropriate level.
- Document and close resolved incidents according to the agreed procedures and tools.
- Communicate the resolution actions and outcomes to the relevant business stakeholder.
Defect Management, Upgrades/Enhancements and Projects –
- Ability to scope, plan, execute and close tasks which include defect management, upgrades/enhancements and projects effectively.
- Facilitate one-on-one or group workshops to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements.
- Ensure the consistent and accurate documenting of requirements.
Stakeholder & Vendor Management –
- Anticipate, recognise, and meet the needs of internal and external clients / stakeholders (however these are defined in the role), taking responsibility for maintaining the highest service standards and developing and sustaining productive client relationships.
- Act speedily to resolve problems, queries and complaints.
- Initiate meetings with key stakeholders to track progress, manage expectations, and ensure stakeholder requirements are delivered.
- Provide effective feedback to stakeholders – both written and verbal communication.
- Own the outage management process by running the event with vendors and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the capacity to put people at ease and build sound relationships based on mutual trust and openness.
- Diploma in IT, Business Intelligence or related qualification.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Trading Systems across all asset classes.
- Relevant applications and process knowledge.
- Basic scripting for automating processes.
- Basic network setup.
- Experience in Trading API’s and FIX Protocol.
- Experience with FIS’s Valdi suite of software for trading on the JSE and A2X.
- Experience with Avvento.
- Knowledge of AxeTrader and Itiviti.
Cognitive Capabilities –
- Analysis & Attention to detail: ability to be systematic and rule orientated in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of perspectives; includes the ability to work with precision and highlight inconsistencies and inaccuracies in detailed information.
- Problem Solving: cuts to the core of issues and applies effective analysis, logic and creativity to identify and implement solutions.
- Big picture thinking: ability to integrate information from a variety of sources, discern complex underlying relationships and predict patterns for future growth.
- Drive and Results Orientation: self-starter and originator who maintains high levels of activity and produces a consistently high-quality output within agreed deadlines. Prompt and proactive in driving for results and sets demanding goals for self and others.
- Accumulate the right information to troubleshoot.
- Creativity & Innovation.
- Critical thinking.
Interpersonal Capabilities –
- Assertive & Courageous.
- Flexibility & Adaptability.
- Excellence & Quality Orientation
- Escalates decisions when appropriate to correct channels.
- Demonstrates commitment to team goals: We have each other’s back, “Failure for one is a failure for all”.
- Demonstrates knowledge sharing across the teams (inter- and intra-team)
- Builds relationships and trust.
- Encourages open discussions with team members and leader.