Tier 1 Desktop Support Consultant (JHB)
IT – Support
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A strong technical & ambitious Tier 1 Desktop Support Consultant is sought by a global provider of Managed IT, Cloud, and Security Services to join its team. Your core role will be to provide exceptional customer service and concise communication to your team. The perfect candidate will be self-motivated and able to work under pressure on their own or as part of a team. Applicants must preferably have A+ & N+ Certifications with a minimum of 1 year work experience within the IT industry and call centre environment with superb customer service & verbal communication skills and strong workstation troubleshooting, setup and configuration skills. You must have working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ITSM systems and the ability to distinguish between different connectivity scenarios and have a good understanding of how they work, e.g., ADSL, Fibre, MPLS.
- Provide professional, concise communication with team members and customers.
- Incident management and resolve service requests.
- Troubleshooting hardware, OS and software related issues on workstations
- Install, configure and troubleshoot 3rd party applications such as managed Antivirus.
- Preferred qualifications include A+, N+.
- Must have at least 1 years’ experience in the IT field and call centre environment.
- Excellent customer service, verbal communication, phone skills and a high level of professionalism.
- Strong workstation troubleshooting, setup and configuration skills.
- Good understanding of ITSM systems.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Must be able to distinguish between different connectivity scenarios and have a good understanding of how they work, e.g., ADSL, Fibre, MPLS.
- Must have a good understanding of network security, malware/ransomware prevention.
- Must be able to install, configure and troubleshoot 3rd party applications such as managed Antivirus.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and a reliable car is essential.
- The candidate must have a love for all things IT, have strong problem-solving skills and display an eagerness learn and grow within the team.
- A positive attitude is required.