Technical Writer (Remote)
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Durban – KwaZulu Natal ~ Remote
This USA based Company uses a modern data automation and integration platform that enables enterprises to iterate faster by unlocking and optimizing data across multiple services and systems. They are seeking a talented Technical Writer to create accurate, engaging user-friendly documentation for adoption by a variety of end users. The ideal candidate is driven and thrives in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving start-up company. They are equally comfortable explaining grammar and technical concepts. They have strong writing skills and the ability to synthesize complex technical content into clear, understandable documentation. The Technical Writer will form part of the Success Team working closely with the project and engineering teams to understand the nuts and bolts of the product and create resources that accelerate learning/understanding.
- Collaborate with project and product team to create exceptional documentation in the form of user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, in-platform instructions, installation/configuration instructions and system operations.
- Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples.
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Take complex concepts and communicate them in a way that is understandable and engaging for a variety of audiences (non-technical and technical end users).
- Publish weekly release notes to internal and external stakeholders with information on product updates, releases and fixes.
- Act as an editor across the company to ensure consistency of documentation and continuously update content with accurate and current information.
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Gather feedback on documentation from end users to improve usability.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years’ experience in technical writing.
- Experience writing content for software applications.
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Experience using API documentation.
- Experience with documentation publishing software.
- Experience working within IT Development or SaaS.
- Understanding of how various ERP’s and CRM systems work – Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, etc. will be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Able to work remotely and self-manage.