Technical Test Analyst: Client Comms
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape
- Estimate effort for testing tasks.
- Define the testing approach for each sprint.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to extract testing requirements for user stories.
- Design and create test cases.
- Execute automated and manual test cases.
- Implement automated tests for new functionality and implement automated tests to replace existing manual tests.
- Collaborate closely with Developers, identifying, logging, prioritizing, and verifying defects in a defect tracking system.
- Manage and maintain the test environments and test data.
- Develop test tools and extend test frameworks and test environments.
- Second Line Support and root cause analysis of production issues and proactive, and efficient support service.
- Play a central role in establishing best practices for testing in an agile environment.
- Continuous improvement initiatives specifically regarding quality.
- Product risk mitigation thereby limiting defects in production.
- Project risk mitigation thereby ensuring a smooth deployment process.
- Manage and maintain the regression test suits (manual / automated).
- Carry out exploratory testing.
- Provide the PO with sign-off of releases.
- Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems ideal, but solid experience will be considered as well.
- Understand the systems or products you are testing.
- Able to understand requirements to come up with sufficient testing coverage.
- Know how to read and write SQL.
- Know where it is most effective for an automated test to live. (Unit, Integration, Acceptance Testing, E2E).
- Understand the benefits of manual testing but also the costs.
- You are continually trying to improve your testing skills.
- You read widely about what is happening in the world of testing.
- You can solve complex testing issues.
- Experience testing data within databases, reports, and applications.
- Experience testing financial applications, will be advantageous.
- You know that learning didn’t end with the last course you did but rather its continuous for the rest of your life.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Have a track record for innovation.
- Very detail oriented, self-driven, curious, willing to both learn and share knowledge, is a critical thinker and has appreciation for data driven systems.