Technical Team Lead (CPT/JHB)
IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
MANAGE and coordinate the technical team, ensuring installations and support are done on time, on a “first-time right basis” and exceed customer expectations as the next Technical Team Lead sought by a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist. You will also provide oversight of major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages while managing escalations – both customer & network issues and track the team’s performance. The ideal candidate will require a suitable IT tertiary qualification with 5+ years’ work experience in an IT Team Management role including Incident Management, Change Management, CCNA or equivalent experience with a strong understanding of LAN, WAN and VoIP technologies and standards.
- Installations/Work is done on time and first time correctly.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- 99.99% Network uptime.
- Oversight of major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Identify opportunities for team training and skills advancement.
- Develop and implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
- Track the performance of the teams and individuals within the Technical Department to ensure KPIs are met.
- Implement new technologies and products in a controlled manner ensuring handover to Support staff ensuring an excellent support experience.
- Manage escalations, both customer and network issues.
- Report to management the status of the network and critical customer issues.
- Tertiary IT qualification.
- At least 5+ years of experience in an IT Team Management role.
- Incident Management and Change Management experience.
- CCNA or equivalent experience.
- Have a strong understanding of LAN, WAN and VoIP technologies and standards.
- Systems & Product Development – be able to present and implement system enhancements and new products that drive business growth.
- Excellent problem-solving and Project Management experience.
- Experience in managing multiple teams.
- ITIL Certified.
- Be analytical, structured and precise in their work with emphasis on attention to detail.
- Able to communicate at all levels: with IT Directors, IT staff and clients.
- Positive, have a go-getter attitude and be prepared to work after hours.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong planning skills and capabilities.