Technical Support Engineer
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
HELP resolve complex desktop issues relating to applications and operating systems as the next Technical Support Engineer sought by a leading Fixed Income Specialist to join its team. Your core role will be to ensure the smooth running of the company’s networking and server systems, while maintaining a high level of security. You will also be expected to create, administer and maintain virtual machines in Microsoft Hyper-V while monitoring and performing restores on the Datto Office 365 platform. The ideal candidate will be a strong problem-solver showing commitment to delivery & have excellent communication skills. You must have 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role with familiarity with Azure, Intune, SCCM & System Centre Configuration, be proficient with Windows Server 2016 and above, Exchange Hybrid and associated operations, experience in Microsoft 365 & Hyper-V and basic PowerShell.
- Install and/or upgrade Windows servers and systems.
- Troubleshooting systems and server errors.
- Create, administer and maintain virtual machines in Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Monitor and update the Windows codebase (servers and workstations).
- Act as a backup for ad-hoc network switch configuration changes.
- Monitor and maintain the Ubiquiti wi-fi infrastructure.
- Manage user access.
- Monitor and maintain system backups.
- Monitor and perform restores on the Datto Office 365 platform.
- Review and maintain IT process documentation.
- 5-7 Years Technical Support experience.
- Familiarity with MS Azure Administration, Intune and System Centre Configuration.
- Management (SCCM).
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2016 and above.
- Experience in Microsoft 365 applications and Windows technologies.
- Knowledge of Windows Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of Exchange Hybrid and associated operations.
- Basic PowerShell skills.
- Knowledge of HP Aruba, Ubiquiti and Extreme network switches.
- Ubiquiti access points.
- Datto cloud backup portal.
- Knowledge of IP cameras.
- Veeam backup technologies.
- Oracle Linux and Networking equipment (e.g., HP Aruba) experience.
- Can work independently.
- Takes ownership of tasks and show commitment to delivery.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Organisational and time management skills to ensure that work time is used efficiently.
- Enjoys collaboration and teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong listening and emotional intelligence.
- Pays high attention to detail.
- Displays good decision-making and judgement.
- Have learning agility (curiosity and willingness to learn).