Technical Specialist II (Cloud Admin) (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
Administration of cloud-based systems aligned to team processes & requirements –
- Ensure the upkeep and health of the system and services are functioning correctly.
- Implement preventative maintenance steps.
- Maintain system back-ups and ensure recovery mechanisms are in place.
- Develop and code scripts to automate certain administration tasks to speed up activities and enable re-use.
Maintain and support existing systems –
- Interpret user requirements and translate into administration solutions.
- Investigate and solve systems issues.
- Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
Ensure effective operations –
- Implement approved changes as per change control and security process.
- Plan, organise and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to own and other relevant areas.
- 3-Year IT Diploma.
- Specific cloud-based administration skills.
- Operating System admin skills using Linux, Windows and UNIX.
- AWS Cloud Administration skills.
- Security & Access Control – AWS IAM, Azure Active Directory, SSO, SAML, OAuth2, Credentials Management, Certificates.
- Virtualization Concepts – Hyper-V, VMware, KVM, etc.
- Containers – Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS EKS, etc.
- Cost Management – Effective cost management for cloud-workloads.
- Infrastructure as CodeDevOps – Codify and manage underlying IT infrastructure using technologies such as AWS CloudFormation, Git-based code repositories, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, etc.
- Relevant business process context knowledge.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools.
- Great technical skills and scripting skills.
- API Management concepts & technologies.
- Observability technologies such as ELK stack, AWS CloudWatch or equivalent.
- Modern Data Lake concepts & technologies.
- Event-streams platforms – Kafka, Confluent, etc.
- Middleware & Integration technologies: IBM Integration BusMessage Broker, IBM MQ, IBM DataPower.
- Git-based code repository: Bitbucket.
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings.
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved.
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself.
- Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required.
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed.
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
- Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change.