Technical QA (CPT Remote)
IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Remote
Our client, based in Cape Town, is looking for a passionate Technical QA to manage their software development quality assurance function and who will lead a team of Test Analysts that evaluates, tests, and validates software development, develops, and implements quality assurance, problem reporting processes and systems. You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a testing environment in a similar role, and a BSc Computer Science Information Technology or relevant qualification.
Quality Assurance Planning:
- Define, establish, and drive the adoption of quality standards, practices, toolsets, and processes across all areas of the software development life cycle in the Scrum team.
- To provide technical expertise to the team and help ensure the appropriate testing techniques are used to find defects early in the test cycle.
- Analyze requirements for the system under test to establish and prioritize test conditions, select suitable test cases, and test techniques.
- Identify test objectives, plan and document test strategies and identify resources required for testing.
- Analyze product specifications, software requirements specifications, and software prototypes, and interact with software developers to plan and develop test cases.
- Design, build and execute manual and automated test scripts that can verify the software satisfies both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Design and manage tests that confirm compliance with industry and proprietary protocols.
- Design, build and execute load test scripts that ensure the software responds within agreed parameters.
- Identify, communicate, and respond to product and test activity risks.
- Build and maintain a test environment that is representative of production.
- Fix Verification/Impact Analysis: Developing or recommending solutions to fix any problems discovered during testing.
- Reproduce issues and verify no further regressions are caused by the fix.
- Breakdown, prioritize and execute tasks to achieve product deliverables per sprint.
- Ensure that the testing conducted is in line with the output and success requirements of the applicable sprint.
- Report test results and conduct defect trend analysis.
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures.
- Plan and prioritize, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change.
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational needs.
- Stay relevant and up to date with latest technology trends and insights.
- Demonstrate and promote a strict adherence and knowledge of the latest and most applicable security standards within the payments industry.
- BSc Computer Science Information Technology or relevant qualification.
- Relevant IT certifications advantageous.
- Certified Test Analyst.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in testing environment in a similar role.
- Agile environment working experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- MS Office Package (Emails, Word, Excel).
- Proficiency in English.
- Effective Organisational Skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service.