Technical Product Owner
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE strong technical acumen and a solid understanding of software systems of a Technical Product Owner is sought by a cutting-edge Software Development House. Your core role will be ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality products, assisting clients with requirements analysis, Project Management and support. You will also be responsible for coordinating multiple projects across brands and clients. The ideal candidate will require 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role or as a PM/BA in the Tech industry, have an excellent grasp of ticket writing, Agile Delivery and Business Analyst processes & experience using Jira for Agile Delivery. You must also have proficiency with Miro, Visio, Trello, QTest, Google Analytics and experience with Design Thinking methodologies & the Scrum framework.
Document Product Requirements –
- Be responsible for eliciting requirements from project stakeholders and clearly defining project context deliverables as well as writing comprehensive user stories and acceptance criteria. This will include, but not be limited to understanding and illustrating requirements by means of producing relevant artefacts, including context diagrams, process flows, data flows, C4 diagrams and other relevant artefacts.
- Document impact of requirements on the high-level architecture of systems and analyse software documentation (e.g., API documentation).
Manage Development Projects –
- Work closely with Developers and Scrum Master to produce time estimates for project work.
- Plan and manage iterations.
Manage Client Relationships –
- Run professional meetings with product stakeholders, build trusting relationships with clients and manage stakeholder expectations.
Manage Product Lifecycle –
- Work with customers in the ongoing enhancement and improvement of the product, provide input into product direction and strategy.
- Manage product support by guiding operational processes as required.
- Degree / Diploma / Certificate in Project Management, Business Analysis or anything related would be to your advantage.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as a Technical Product Owner / Project Manager / Business Analyst in the Tech industry.
- Excellent grasp of ticket writing, Agile Delivery and Business Analyst processes.
- Must have experience using Jira for Agile Delivery.
- Google Analytics.
- Design Thinking methodologies.
- Scrum framework.
- A collaborative team player.
- Someone with sound emotional intelligence.
- A critical thinker and natural problem solver.
- Organised and able to work under pressure.
- Multi-skilled with varied experience.
- Professional with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Familiar with technical and business acumen.