Technical Product Owner
Cape Town – Western Cape
JOIN a dynamic, energetic & solutions-driven team of a global Software Tech company seeking to fill the role of its next Technical Product Owner. Working with Product Management & other stakeholders, you will define, analyse and refine all product requirements, use cases, and to vision, with support from experts, the design of a viable solution. You will also play a lead role in backlog grooming and estimation while ensuring the feasibility of designs. The ideal candidate must possess an IT/Computer Science/Engineering tertiary qualification with at least 5 years’ work experience in Business Analysis and Product Management in a professional software development environment. You must also have in-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology, understand user-centered design principles and be proficient in creating flow diagrams, wireframes, system context diagrams and entity relationship diagrams.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders to define, analyse and refine all product requirements, use cases, and to vision, with support from experts, the design of a viable solution.
- Research and understand business needs and requirements from various sources, including customers.
- Continuous research of competitor products and industry trends.
- Develop acceptance criteria, user stories, use cases and wireframes as required by the team to deliver to the vision.
- Create formal functional specifications and system design specifications where necessary.
- Assist with directing the testing of the product in the market, assist with directing additional enhancements if required, and direct the launch of the product in partnership with the respective business partners who manage the market.
- Remain involved in all stages of product development.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to elaborate requirements and translate the vision for new features and products into actionable work for the Development team.
- Play a lead role in backlog grooming and estimation.
- Work with System Architects to ensure feasibility of designs.
- Provide input to and assistance with user documentation.
- Investigate support issues to assist the production team with determining estimates and resolutions for product development.
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer Science and/or Engineering with Programming subjects.
- Minimum 5 years Business Analysis and Product Management experience in a professional software development environment.
- Skilled in creating flow diagrams, wireframes, system context diagrams and entity relationship diagrams.
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Working knowledge of software product architecture and design.
- Proficiency in the use of analytic data tools.
- Excellent knowledge of user-centred design principles.
- Understanding of design quality standards.
- Sufficient technical expertise to understand and contribute to a complex, multi-layered software product (a Software Development/Coding background is highly advantageous).
- Experience in the insurance, finance or legal tech industries is highly advantageous.
- Ability to travel for business purposes both locally and internationally.
- Must be a South African citizen or hold a valid work permit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional, confident and comfortable nature with ability to engage at all levels.
- Strong coordination and facilitation skills.