IT – Manager
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
A dynamic Managed IT Services Provider in Durban is in search of an accomplished and forward-thinking Technical Manager who will play a pivotal role in ensuring the maintenance of quality and service standards, as well as providing sound advice that meets the high expectations of both the company and its clientele. Through effective collaboration with their staff and systems, the Technical Manager bears the ultimate responsibility for the efficient operation of the Technical Team and the excellence of its services. The ideal candidate should bring to the table over a decade of experience in the IT industry, including at least five years of leadership and management experience. It is preferred that this experience encompasses various IT support roles.
- Daily early morning operational checks and coordination of the technical resources.
- Staying stay up to date with any active sensitive tickets or tasks, guiding the technical team to successful completion both from within the ticket management system and on a face-to-face basis in an effort ensure to all incidents and changes are progressed & cleared within SLA or customer set expectation.
- Providing ongoing coaching to the technical team both in the moment and proactively in training sessions where required.
- Working in the ticket management system, reviewing and action all assigned tickets that need to be dealt with by the Technical Manager.
- Assisting the Operations Manager to ensure the daily effective and efficient operations of the Support Operations Team.
- Function as the internal point of contact for any technical queries to and from the rest of the business.
- Swiftly act if failure management is required, quickly grasping then taking charge, pooling the correct resources, and then driving the matter at hand through to resolution.
- Perform failure investigations as part of failure management through root cause analysis with report back to the customers and management, feeding the information back into the continuous improvement cycle.
- Dealing with staff and customers in an efficient, professional, courteous manner.
- Communicate critical level status to the Customer Success Management & Executive teams as required where matters arise.
- Co-ordinate Technical challenges with Operations Manager and Coordinator where required.
- Occasional visits to site if required for the purpose of training staff or dealing with technical emergencies of a sensitive nature where the team may not be equipped to handle.
- Inspect, understand, approve, and facilitate ingestion to the support team of handovers from the projects department to not only ensure these were completed to their standard (both as a customer representative and according to their own internal standards) and the documentation and technical team is adequately updated.
- Ensure projects performed for managed customers are aligned with company Standards (as the customer representative) and ensure these are ingested these into the company following their standards set.
- Daily close off ticket checks with the operations manager and team to promote progress on stale tickets and ensure no critical tickets are left over for the next day where avoidable downtime could be prevented.
- Attend weekly Head of Department meetings, reporting back on achievements and progress on self-managed deadlines.
- 10+ Years of experience in the IT Industry.
- 5+ Years of experience managing people in a leadership or management role.
- Experience preferably spread over a variety of IT Support roles.
- A position relevant Diploma or Degree.
- Relevant Management or Leadership Experience
- Thorough knowledge of MSP RMM Platforms (N-ABLE/Kaseya)
- Relevant Industry Specific Certificates
- Experience working closely with senior executives
- Ability to translate vision into strategy and guide execution
- Experience working at an IT MSP
- Success cultivating and managing growth within customers: capturing new business opportunities
- Strong virtualization with VMware/vCenter and Hyper-V
- Experience with Server OS and associated technologies’ project management, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting (Windows 2019, 2016, 2012/R2, 2008, 2003, MS Exchange, Office365, AD, security)
- Experience running management meetings and presenting to Exco
- A real passion for not only IT but technology.
- Managing of major incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout.
- Strong leadership attributes with the ability to lead a high performing, quality focused team.
- Able to guide technicians and deal with the challenges presented by strong personalities with a high degree of technical expertise.
- A broad self-maintained knowledge of all IT verticals.