Technical Business Analyst (UX exp) (Remote)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
AN innovative eCommerce Platform seeks the expertise of a highly analytical & solutions-driven Technical Business Analyst who will drive business case development for strategic technical projects. You must have 5-6 years’ working experience in a similar role including working with web UX, eCommerce or similar industries, be able to query data sources, experience with consumer-facing organisations, iterative software delivery methodologies – Agile, Scrum, etc., and solid proficiency with HTML, XHTML, CSS and a good understanding of Web Accessibility and UX.
- Work closely with the Development teams, Product Owner/Manager and other stakeholders to conceive and execute on product initiatives.
- Propose solutions that you can back up and explain to teams.
- Take the lead on allocated stories and drive stakeholders to consensus.
- Help to create and execute our plan for all products.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to define priorities, build consensus, and coordinate product roadmaps and schedules across multi-disciplined teams.
- Drive business case development for strategic technical projects.
- Facilitate communication throughout the product development process across a variety of teams.
- Assist with UX redesigns and ongoing improvements according to CI.
- Contribute to documentation (technical and design specifications).
- Discuss technical solutions with Developers and provide innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Constantly seek to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of markets developments.
- 5-6 Years working with web UX, eCommerce or similar.
- Systems/Business Analysis experience.
- Ability to query data sources.
- Experience with consumer-facing organisations.
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies – Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Some knowledge and experience with HTML, XHTML, CSS programming.
- Some knowledge and experience with various database technologies.
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and UX.
Some tools that we like –
- Google Docs/Sheets
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Can put yourself in a user’s shoes.
- Show a high level of understanding.
- A team player.
- Have a positive and proactive approach.
- Has good communications skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.