Team Leader: Technology
IT – Software Development ~ IT – Manager
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
PROVIDE direction to and lead IT teams responsible for the full product lifecycle to ensure successful delivery of all product features, support and maintenance related tasks within the Operations division of a dynamic & growing Financial Institution seeking its next Team Leader: Technology. You will also oversee the ongoing drive to increase efficiency, optimisation, innovation and people development in these environments. The ideal candidate will require Matric/Grade 12/Vocational, have a Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science, have a minimum of 5 years work experience in Software Development Management including leading a technical team, have experience in a progressive database role or Software Dev role and been in an environment that required validating work. You must also have prior experience either in Banking or Retail Credit, have knowledge of Budgeting and Accounting principles, Business analysis and design, Project Management and have implemented & maintained financial and contact centre systems and procedures.
- Matric / Grade 12 / Vocational.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology – Computer Science or Information Technology – Programming.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Software Development Management including experience in leading a technical team.
- Experience in progressive database or Software Development roles.
- In an environment which required validating work.
- Stakeholder Relationship engagement and management.
- Responsible for delivery in a fast-moving environment.
- General business acumen.
- Experience in the Retail Credit and Banking industry.
- Budgeting and Accounting principles.
- Business analysis and design.
- Implementation and maintenance of financial and contact centre systems and procedures.
- Project Management principles and methodologies.
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Ideal to have –
- Central Collections environment
- Bank systems environment
- Bank Business Model
- Agile Development Principles
- Communications skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship Management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail.