Systems Application Specialist (CPT Hybrid)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
ENSURE the delivery of quality systems solutions that impact within a contained environment in order to satisfy business requirements in line with business strategy as the next Systems Application Specialist sought by a reputable Retail Group. With your core focus being on IT Finance Applications, you will provide insight into both the ITS strategy & Finance systems strategy as well as risk mitigation. You will also drive the creation of system application roadmaps while proactively identifying and recommending opportunities for delivering new & improving existing solutions. The successful incumbent will have a 3-year IT tertiary qualification with 3-5 years’ suitable work experience including relevant Retail & Financial business knowledge and preferably a background in Development. You will also require Project Management skills with the strong ability to drive the implementation of technology strategy based on business needs.
Provide input into ITS strategy and Finance systems strategy –
- Collaborate with the IT Manager and ensure input into the one-year operating plan and projects priority plan in line with IT strategy and relevant business requirements
- Provide input into systems related Risk Management Strategies and risk mitigation.
Deliver quality systems solutions and ensure optimal performance of system applications –
- Provide input and guidance to the IT Manager and the Application teams to ensure identification and delivery of system solutions.
- Drive the creation of system application roadmaps.
- Manage the process to determine system application impact assessments and architectural solutions.
Keep up to date with best practice and the latest developments –
- Proactively update ITS and the business where relevant.
- Absorb and convey detailed technical information.
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for delivering new and improving existing solutions to meet the business requirements.
Ensure that solutions adhere to architectural, governance, technical standards and principles –
- Provide Application teams with architectural and technical thought leadership.
- 3-Year IT qualification.
- 3-5 Years relevant experience.
- Development background preferred.
- Relevant Project management skills.
- Relevant Retail and Financial business knowledge.
- ReconAssist and Hyperion application content, application, and architectural knowledge.
- Able to drive the implementation of technology strategy based on business needs.
- Can research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings.
- Proven solutioning experience and innate problem-solving abilities.
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself.
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects.
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
- Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Anticipates change and continuously remains prepared for change.