IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
PROVIDE a focal point for customers, receive and respond to any inquiries or requests for technical assistance from customers as the next System Technician sought by a dynamic provider of innovative Software & Systems Solutions. You will be expected to provide possible solutions, assigning support actions to other departments where needed. Applicants must have Matric/Grade 12, an A+/N+ or equivalent IT related tertiary qualification with 1-2 years’ Helpdesk work experience. Any understanding and/or experience with ITIL Foundation v3 will prove beneficial.
- Customer Service –
- Remain courteous, tactful, honest, and professional in all communication with other parties.
- Ensure that feedback and follow ups to customers is meaningful and accurate.
- Process support or information-requests from various sources (phone, email, logging-system integration, etc.) for the purpose of providing solutions to the customer.
- Telephonically and remotely identify, diagnose and resolve all requests to the best of his / her capability.
- Assess the need for onsite support against the high cost thereof.
- Recognise and alert the Team Leader of trends in customer calls.
- Before creating a new support- or information-request record, verify that the same request is not captured already.
- Create the initial record for and accurately capture any reported support- or information-request in the call-logging software.
- Ensure that all auxiliary fields in the call-logging software are completed accurately and updated as further information becomes available (e.g., call-source, contact-details, CI-selection, call-categories, severities, etc.).
- Matric / Grade 12.
- IT qualifications (A+/N+ or equivalent).
- 1 – 2 Technical Helpdesk experience.
- ITIL Foundation v3/Good understanding of ITIL.
- Attention to detail.
- Initiative and self-motivation.
- Interpersonal relationships.
- Good written and verbal Communication skills.
- Good time-management.
- Technical skills.