IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
PROVIDE high-level support for user and infrastructure environments ensuring careful and optimal call management and efficiencies as the next Support Engineer sought by a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist. You must be available to provide after-hours standby support. The ideal candidate must be A+/N+ or MCSE Certified or have a relevant IT tertiary qualification with 3+ years’ experience delivering End User Computing Support Services in a customer environment. You must also have experience creating users and managing AD, be proficient with PC Builds and Endpoint installations and possess a valid Drivers Licence with your own reliable transport and be available to provide after-hours Standby Support.
- Correctly analyse and prioritise calls and requests according to business impact and urgencies as well as financial impact.
- Manage call escalations to 2nd Level and Specialist Support within the group as well as customer vendors.
- Liaise between users, IT Outsource providers and internal IT processes.
- Assist with incident management and problem resolution, ensuring minimal impact, and initiate escalation procedure as appropriate.
- Identify and escalate persistent incidents.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the clients and client end-users (VIP users) in support of the Service Delivery Manager.
- Confirm call resolution with end user before resolving of the call on ITSM.
- Maintain service and quality levels according to of the company’ business standards, processes, and procedures.
- Create and update documentation related to all Standard Operating Procedures.
- A+ or N+ / MCSE or tertiary IT qualification.
- At least 3+ years’ experience delivering End User Computing Support Services in a customer environment.
- AD and GPO experience – Creating users and managing AD.
- Proficient at PC Builds and Endpoint installations
- Must be available to provide after-hours Standby Support.
- Able to communicate oral or written feedback and technical information to all levels of end-users.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work in and with a virtual team.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and reliable transport as travelling is a requirement
- ITIL proficiency an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently.
- Can cope under pressure.
- Must be punctual, disciplined and dedicated to effectively execute job requirements keeping in mind INTERNAL and EXTERNAL HR and IT policies in place.