Support Engineer (JHB)
IT – Support
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A strong technical Support Engineer whose core role will be to provide End User computing support is urgently sought by a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist to join its Johannesburg division. You will manage call escalations to 2nd Level and specialist support within the business as well as customer vendors while assisting with incident management and problem resolution, ensuring minimal impact, and initiate escalation procedure as appropriate. The ideal candidate will have an A+/N+/MCSE or IT tertiary qualification with 3 years’ work experience delivering End User Computing Support Services including Win10/Office 365, mobility apps, creating users and managing AD, proficient at PC builds and endpoint installations and able to annunciate clearly when communicating with VIP users, especially foreign language users, and listen to understand.
- Provide a high level of End User support within a VIP environment, ensuring careful and optimal call management and efficiencies.
- Manage call escalations to 2nd Level and specialist support within the business as well as customer vendors.
- Liaise between users, IT Outsource providers and internal IT processes.
- Assist with incident management and problem resolution, ensuring minimal impact, and initiate escalation procedure as appropriate.
- Proactively manage the user experience.
- Identify and escalate persistent incidents.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the clients and client end-users in support of the Service Delivery Manager.
- Confirm Call resolution with end user before resolving of the call on ITSM.
- Maintain service and quality levels according to of the company’ business standards, processes and procedures.
- Create and update documentation related to all Standard Operating Procedures.
- A+ or N+ / MCSE or tertiary IT qualification.
- At least 3+ years’ experience delivering End User Computing Support Services in a customer environment.
- Win10/Office 365, mobility apps, 1st line of support for basic network connectivity and printer support requirements, backup tape management, 3rd party provider facilitation onsite, hands and feet for server room support.
- AD and GPO experience (Creating Users and Managing AD).
- Proficient at PC builds and endpoint installations.
- Able to annunciate clearly when communicating with VIP users, especially foreign language users, and listen to understand.
- Able to correctly analyse and prioritise calls and requests according to business impact and urgencies as well as financial impact.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transport as travelling is a requirement.
- Must be available to provide after-hours Standby support.
- ITIL proficiency.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work in and with a virtual team.
- Ability to communicate oral or written feedback and technical information to all levels of end-users.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to cope under pressure.
- Must be punctual, disciplined and dedicated to effectively execute job requirements keeping in mind INTERNAL and EXTERNAL HR and IT policies in place.
- Strong attention to detail.