Support Engineer (HPE Server & SAN)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
A dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist seeks a strong technical and highly meticulous Support Engineer whose core role will entail taking responsibility for SAN, Server & Storage installation, maintenance and upgrades. You will install and upgrade HPE Server & SAN hardware & firmware with attention to detail and documentation, complete proactive reporting on infrastructure while providing onsite or remote access diagnoses and resolution. Applications must have Matric/Grade 12 with 5 years HPE Server & SAN hardware support experience including configuring & maintaining HPE ML/DL servers, HPE BladeSystems & Synergy and configuring & maintaining HPE SAN & Storage products – 3PAR, MSA,StoreOnce,StoreVirtual.
- Provide onsite or remote access diagnoses and resolution of Server, SAN and other hardware issues/faults.
- Provisioning of Storage & Servers according to guidelines with attention to detail and documentation.
- Installation and upgrade of HPE Server & SAN hardware & firmware with attention to detail and documentation.
- Maintain and document all work performed as well as strict usage of the call logging systems to ensure open communication with the whole team.
- Willingness to be available and work after hours when necessary to minimize business downtime and resolve issues within maintenance window periods.
- Follow process, policies and procedures as laid out.
- Complete proactive reporting on infrastructure.
- Matric or Grade 12 an essential requirement.
- Post-Matric IT qualification beneficial (National Diploma or Degree in IT).
- Minimum 5 years HPE Server & SAN hardware support experience.
- Experience configuring and maintaining HPE ML/DL servers, HPE BladeSystems & Synergy.
- Configuring and maintaining HPE SAN & Storage products – 3PAR, MSA,StoreOnce,StoreVirtual.
- Have a basic understanding of operating systems and networking.
- Able to analyse and identify performance related issues.
- Valid Driver’s Licence and Own reliable vehicle.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Conscious of delivering solutions on time
- Can clearly articulate problems and solutions with the Technical team.