Support Engineer (Enterprise Software Traditional Services)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
PROVIDE optimal Microsoft Server Support as your strong technical background as a Support Engineer is sought by a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist. You will also assist with escalations from 1st and 2nd Line Support Engineers, participate in Preventative Maintenance, Device Hardening, Vulnerability Management and Antivirus Management. You will need Matric/Grade 12, be MCSE Certified with a suitable IT tertiary qualification. You must have 5+ years’ work experience supporting Microsoft Servers in a senior role with the ability to identify and understand problems and find effective solutions. Your skillset should include some of the following: SCCM, SQL, Active Directory, Exchange, Linux, Citrix, VMware, vSphere, Hyper-V, Azure, Symantec, McAfee, M365, etc.
- General Microsoft Server incident and service request support.
- Assist with escalations from 1st and 2nd Line Support Engineers.
- Preventative Maintenance (Patch Management).
- Device Hardening and Vulnerability Management.
- Backup Management.
- Antivirus Management.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Tertiary IT qualification.
- At least 5 + years’ experience supporting Microsoft Servers in a senior position.
- Ability to identify and understand problems and find suitable solutions.
- Able to clearly articulate problems and solutions with the technical team.
Technologies include (but not limited to):
Cloud Services: Azure & M365
Virtualisation: VMware vSphere, MS Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV
Application Delivery Controllers: F5, Citrix, FortiADC
Operating Systems: All Microsoft & Linux
MS Infrastructure: Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SCCM
Backups: Veeam, Backup Exec
Monitoring: N-Central, SCOM, PRTG, WhatsUp, SolarWinds, Nagios, Quest
Antivirus: McAfee, ESET, Symantec, Kaspersky