Support Engineer (AD & GPO experience)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
PROVIDE a high level of support for user and infrastructure environments ensuring careful and optimal call management and efficiencies as your strong technical skills as a Support Engineer is wanted to join the team of a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist. You will be providing End User Computing and TelePresence support. Applicants must be A+/N+/MCSE Certified or possess a suitable IT-related tertiary qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in delivery of End User Computing Support Services in a customer environment including AD and GPO experience. You also need to be proficient with PC Builds and Endpoint installations.
- Correctly analyse and prioritise calls and requests according to business impact and urgencies as well as financial impact.
- Manage call escalations to 2nd Level and Specialist Support within as well as customer vendors.
- Liaise between users, IT Outsource providers and internal IT processes.
- Assist with incident management and problem resolution, ensuring minimal impact, and initiate escalation procedure as appropriate.
- Identify and escalate persistent incidents.
- Provide after-hours Standby support.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the clients and client end-users (VIP users) in support of the Service Delivery Manager.
- Confirm Call resolution with end user before resolving of the call on ITSM.
- Maintain service and quality levels according to of the company’ business standards, processes and procedures.
- Create and update documentation related to all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate oral or written feedback and technical information to all levels of end-users.
- A+ or N+ / MCSE or tertiary IT qualification.
- At least 3+ years’ experience delivering End User Computing Support Services in a customer environment.
- AD and GPO experience (Creating users and managing AD).
- Proficient with PC Builds and Endpoint installations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as may be required.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and reliable transport as travelling is a requirement.
- ITIL proficiency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and a team player with the ability to work in and with a virtual team.
- Can cope under pressure.
- Must be punctual, disciplined and dedicated to effectively execute job requirements keeping in mind.
- Strong attention to detail.