IT – Analyst, Data Management ~ IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
ENSURE exceptional customer services as the next Support Analyst of a cutting-edge FinTech company whether it be investigating and resolving production incidents or answering general queries. You will be on a 24×7 production support rotation for priority incidents and follow the support process to research and resolve customer reported issues related to a product or solution while ensuring you keep both the customer and internal stakeholders up to date on all activities related to support tickets. The ideal candidate will need a Bachelor’s Degree in software, technical or related field from a recognised institution with at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role – preferably in Payments 24×7 support and ACI Postilion payments switch or within cloud products on AWS or other cloud platforms. You should also have experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum & proficiency with SQL Server, Windows 10 / Server, Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Understand and follow contractual agreements with customers relating to support and all internal support processes.
- Part of the 24×7 1st line production support rota for all customers and all its product sets, of which there are many.
- Responsible for managing production support incidents, gathering data, performing tests and replicating and resolving the causes of these incidents.
- Management of support tickets / incidents to which they are assigned, including all related stakeholder communications and keeping these tickets up to date.
- Compile and walk-through regular production support reports with relevant customers.
- Answer customer questions (not necessarily incidents) related to production configuration and operation by testing, reviewing code (if available and it is within their skillset) and reviewing documentation.
- Install applications and troubleshooting failure of installations.
- Contribute to developing training material of support processes not yet documented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a software, technical or related field from a recognised institution. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Support Analyst or similar role within a software organisation, preferably in Payments 24×7 support and ideally on the ACI Postilion payments switch or within cloud products on AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Agile development methodologies like Scrum.
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Proficiency in standard Windows-based IT applications – Windows (Windows 10, Windows Server).
- ACI Product Set (Postilion).
- Databases (Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Databases).
- Amazon Web Services.
- Willing to be on a 24×7 support rota and to be available after hours at short notice when needed.
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills.
- Ability to deal with stress, as the job will entail obstacles, challenges and responsibility.
- Careful and systematic when it comes to investigating and handling production issues and their fixes.
- Experienced at learning new technologies and products.
- Be highly communicative and patient, answering all stakeholders’ queries, and able to speak to people at varying levels of seniority confidently.
- Ability and a desire to grow their expertise into new product sets and new areas of the products that they support.
- Calm under pressure when dealing with internal and external teams.