Supply Chain Manager
Stellenbosch – Western Cape
PLAY a pivotal role in providing oversight of internal logistics while managing inventory efficiently and leading the Device Repair team as the next Supply Chain Manager sought by a cutting-edge FinTech company in Stellenbosch. You will further contribute to optimizing Supply Chain efficiency, ensuring precise inventory records, coordinating shipments, and implementing best practices to drive continuous improvement in device repair services. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with a strong focus on optimizing processes and driving performance excellence in a dynamic and regulated environment, be highly detail-oriented, analytical with a deep understanding of Supply Chain processes and technical expertise in device repair. You will preferably require a tertiary qualification in Business Administration/Supply Chain Management/Engineering or similar field with proven experience in Logistics and Inventory Management, Device Repair – preferably in a supervisory or managerial role.
Inventory Management and ERP –
- Develop and implement inventory control strategies to optimize stock levels while minimizing carrying costs and stockouts.
- Conduct regular inventory audits, cycle counts, and reconciliations to ensure data accuracy and maintain an up-to-date inventory record.
- Monitor inventory discrepancies and initiate escalation protocols when necessary.
Logistics Coordination –
- Oversee the planning and execution of inbound shipments and outbound deliveries, ensuring timely delivery of goods to meet customer demands.
- Collaborate with suppliers, freight forwarders, and carriers to resolve any transportation-related issues.
- Continuously assess and improve transportation strategies to enhance cost-effectiveness and reduce delivery lead times.
Device Repair Services –
- Lead the Device Repair team in diagnosing and repairing payment devices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implement standard repair procedures and quality control measures to ensure consistent and reliable repairs.
- Monitor repair turnaround times and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with device repair services.
Team Leadership –
- Supervise, train, and mentor Logistics, Inventory, and Device Repair staff, fostering a positive work environment and encouraging professional growth.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to team members, ensuring all duties are carried out efficiently and in line with established guidelines.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to team members, promoting a culture of accountability and excellence.
Process Improvement –
- Identify opportunities for process optimization in Logistics, Inventory Management, and Device Repair Services and implement best practices to enhance overall efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Procurement and Operations, to streamline processes and achieve seamless coordination within the supply chain and device repair operations.
Data Analysis and Reporting –
- Utilize Data Analysis tools and ERP software to generate insightful reports on inventory levels, transportation costs, logistics performance, and device repair metrics.
- Present findings and key performance indicators to management, offering actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Relevant qualification in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience) – preferred.
- Proven experience in Logistics and Inventory Management, Device Repair, preferably in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Experience in diagnosing and repairing electronic devices.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain principles, Inventory Control methodologies, and Logistics processes.
- Proficiency in using Inventory Management software, data analysis tools, and device diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge of FinTech industry standards and practices is a plus.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving mindset with a focus on continuous improvement.